Friday, October 29, 2010

Thoughts on Mistrial


As a close friend of George Weber’s and someone who has watched every day of this trial, I can’t even begin to describe how shocked, saddened and dismayed I am that the jury was unable to find this monster guilty.  The prosecution proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that this satanic thug, addicted to violence murdered my friend.  The fact that even a single juror could have any doubt about his guilt really shakes to the core my faith in human judgment.  I just can’t imagine this.   The fact that Katehis and his lawyer were dancing around like they just won the lotto makes this even more nauseating.

As horrible as this is, it’s not nearly as bad as the feeling I had when learning George was killed.  He was the first person I saw almost every day for about four years.  We had a friendship that transcended the workplace and he was one of the few people I’ve ever known who was universally liked.  It hurts every day that he’s gone and I miss him terribly. 

Putting this devil in prison for the rest of his life won’t bring George back, but it will ensure that no other family ever has to endure the torment that George’s has.  I look forward to a quick retrial date and hope that justice is ultimately served by a wiser group of 12.

2 comments:

  1. Again Frank, thanks for your continued narration of the events of the trial. I hope we can depend on your for updates for the re-trial. Justice will be served!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justice delayed is not justice denied in this case. I so appreciate you Frank and hope we have the chance to speak one day. I believe the next time we will see a conviction with a 15-minute deliberation!

    ReplyDelete