Thursday, October 28, 2010

HUNG JURY...........UNBELIEVABLE

I can't believe I'm writing these words, but the jury has been unable to reach a verdict.  They just sent a note to the Judge saying they're hopelessly deadlocked (not in those exact words).  Will post the text of the note as soon as possible.


Upon receiving the note, Katehis's attorney, Jeffrey Schwartz started giggling like a school girl to his co-counsel.  Katehis's father walked around as if he'd just gotten away with something.  His son certainly has.  For now.


The Judge will now declare a mistrial.  This is so incredibly unfair.  Words escape me.  I feel ill.

4 comments:

  1. I was totally unprepared mentally for this outcome. The reaction by the defense attorney and the father is sickening. This jury makes me sick. My fantasy is someone would punch sleeping juror in the junk, just for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sad comment on the American judicial system. Hard to take when you are emotionally involved with the victim. So sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely heartbreaking. Will the poll the jury so that we know how close the decision was? I'm convinced sleepy juror was the holdout.

    What's the next step -- do they release the kid? How soon until the next trial?

    ReplyDelete